Tuesday 2 June 2015

Sprinkles Bournemouth

I've heard so many good things about Sprinkles, unfortunately this will be my first and more than likely last visit to the Sprinkles Gelato chain.



From the moment we walked in the door the staff were miserable, there was no good afternoons, no smiles, no can I help you. Nothing! We stood at the till for a few minutes before being asked if they could help. I did think that this was perhaps that it may have been because they'd had a busy day, but looking around there was only a maximum of 20 people, all of which were sat and eating their ice creams. 
TJ and his honeycomb ice cream

When being served the lady that served my mom was playing with her hair and her large loopy earrings, whilst smacking her mouth with gum in and serving! she was wearing the blue gloves. Then proceeded to touch the cash register and ice cream and chocolate etc with the same gloves on.
The server that served me again wore gloves whilst handling cash then proceeded to making my son's ice cream which the majority was melted. I did not see the lady that dealt with my ice cream.
When my moms ice cream came there was 2 scoops of ice cream and the rest was whipped cream. After reading the description for the ferrero rochea ice cream. There was one type of sauce applied with hardly any on. One ferrero rochea, one wafer and not even a teaspoon of nuts sprinkled on top. For almost £6 this to us was NOT acceptable even less so when the ice cream was melted !! 
The cheesecake and ice cream I had served to me was melted. There were strawberries on the side of the plate were looking very much past its sell by date and the banana's on the plate were going off also. 


Banana's starting to turn


The cheesecake was served from the counter and was not chilled it was served at room temperature.
In my opinion as you can see our first visit to sprinkles was no where near what I expected it to be like and all the hype from my friends that have visited I expected a lot more from Sprinkles.







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. I am heading to Bournemouth next month and will definitely go elsewhere for ice cream. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds bad, for a luxury ice cream place you would expect more. The ice cream bike in the woods run by two teen lads is better with the blue gloves, one deals with the cash, the other the ice cream. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. worst part is I received an e-mail from them after I complained to their head office. They were just as bad at replying and I didn't feel like I was taken seriously either.
      Personally I think I'm just going to get Ben & Jerrys and eat it at home in the future.

      Delete